This weekend, listen to Cape Cod Makers talk about the upcoming Cape Cod Mini Maker Faire on WXTK’s Spectrum news program! Tune in on your radio, or listen online on iHeartRadio. The program can be heard on the following stations:
- Saturday (2/18) 6 am – 7 am on WEII FM 96.3
- Sunday (2/19) 6 am – 7 am on WCIB FM 101.9
- Sunday (2/19) 7 am – 8 am on WXTK FM 95.1
- Sunday (2/19) 7 am – 8 am on WCOD FM 106.1
The Call for Makers is open until March 20th. The Cape Cod Mini Maker Faire will showcase the amazing work of all kinds of makers on the Cape and the Islands—anyone who is embracing the do-it-yourself (or do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience.
When: April 29th, 2017 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Mashpee Middle/High School
The Cape Cod Mini Maker Faire is offering the following options for makers:
- Maker booth or exhibit – an exhibit space to display your project(s)
- Commercial Maker booth – primarily a sales booth
- Workshop, presentation or performance – a scheduled workshop or presentation. We will have access to a stage.
- Exhibiting Sponsor – companies or commercial entities (see sponsorship opportunities)
We particularly encourage exhibits that are interactive and that highlight the process of making things.
Here are just some of the topics that we’re looking for:
- 3D Printers and CNC Mills
- Arduino/Raspberry Pi Projects
- Biology/Biotech and Chemistry Projects
- Boat Building
- Conductive Materials Projects
- Electric Vehicles
- Experimental Aircraft
- Food Makers
- Glass Blowing
- High Altitude Balloons
- How to Fix Things or Take Them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
- Interactive Art Projects
- Musical Instruments
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Rockets and RC Toys
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Space Projects
- Student Projects
- Sustainability/Green Tech
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Underwater Technology (e.g. Open ROVs)
- Unusual Tools or Machines
There is no cost to exhibit at the Faire unless you have creations you will sell to the public. If so, you are considered a Commercial Maker and will be charged a $25 fee to participate.
The Call for Makers will be open until March 20th and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. You can apply online using this form. We’re looking for a wide range of topics, so participation is not guaranteed.
Makers are encouraged to follow Cape Cod Mini Maker Faire on Twitter and our Maker Faire Facebook feed to keep up with the latest news on makers and Maker Faire.
Cape Cod Makers would like to introduce our new robotics kit entitled “ScrappyBot”. This kit is designed to be a low cost platform for launching your future in robotics. It also makes a great starting point for entering our annual Robot Beach Party competition at the Cape Cod Mini Maker Faire. The kit provides an Arduino compatible processor, WiFi support, a 16 channel servo controller, dual H-Bridge, and a driving platform with two active wheels and a third passive caster wheel. Programming is easy using the Arduino IDE and a USB cable. Controlling your robot can be done using either an iOS or Android compatible smartphone.
- ScrappyBot Basic Kit: $30
- ScrappyBot Kit + 1 Servo: $40
For more information please contact: email@example.com
*Use of the kit is in no way required for entry in the Robot Beach Party.