The Cape Cod Mini Maker Faire will showcase the amazing work of all kinds of makers on the Cape and the Islands—anyone who is embracing the do-it-yourself (or do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience.
When: April 30th, 2016 from 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Mashpee Middle/High School
The Cape Cod Mini Maker Faire is offering the following options for makers:
- Maker booth or exhibit – an exhibit space to display your project(s)
- Commercial maker booth – primarily a sales booth
- Workshop, presentation or performance – a scheduled workshop or presentation. We will have access to a stage.
- Exhibiting sponsor – companies or commercial entities (see sponsorship opportunities)
We particularly encourage exhibits that are interactive and that highlight the process of making things.
Here are just some of the topics that we’re looking for:
- 3D Printers and CNC Mills
- Arduino/Raspberry Pi Projects
- Biology/Biotech and Chemistry Projects
- Boat Building
- Conductive Materials Projects
- Electric Vehicles
- Experimental Aircraft
- Food Makers
- Glass Blowing
- High Altitude Balloons
- How to Fix Things or Take Them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
- Interactive Art Projects
- Musical Instruments
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Rockets and RC Toys
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Space Projects
- Student Projects
- Sustainability/Green Tech
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Underwater Technology (e.g. Open ROVs)
- Unusual Tools or Machines
There is no cost to exhibit at the Faire unless you have creations you will sell to the public. If so, you are considered a Commercial Maker and will be charged a $25 fee to participate.
The Call for Makers will be open until March 19th and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. You can apply online using this form. We’re looking for a wide range of topics, so participation is not guaranteed.