The Cape Cod Mini Maker Faire will showcase the amazing work of all kinds of makers on the Cape and the Islands—anyone who is embracing the do-it-yourself (or do-it-together) spirit and wants to share their accomplishments with an appreciative audience.
When: May 30th, 2015 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Where: Cape Cod Community College
The Cape Cod Mini Maker Faire is offering the following options for makers:
- Maker booth or exhibit – an exhibit space to display your project(s)
- Commercial maker booth – primarily a sales booth
- Workshop or presentation – a scheduled workshop or presentation
- Exhibiting sponsor – companies or commercial entities
We particularly encourage exhibits that are interactive and that highlight the process of making things.
Here are just some of the topics that we’re looking for:
- 3D Printers and CNC Mills
- Arduino/Raspberry Pi Projects
- Biology/Biotech and Chemistry Projects
- Boat Building
- Conductive Materials Projects
- Electric Vehicles
- Experimental Aircraft
- Food Makers
- Glass Blowing
- High Altitude Balloons
- How to Fix Things or Take Them Apart (Vacuums, Clocks, Washing Machines, etc.)
- Interactive Art Projects
- Musical Instruments
- Radios, Vintage Computers and Game Systems
- Rockets and RC Toys
- Shelter (Tents, Domes, etc.)
- Space Projects
- Student Projects
- Sustainability/Green Tech
- Textile Arts and Crafts
- Underwater Technology (e.g. Open ROVs)
- Unusual Tools or Machines
There is no cost to exhibit at the Faire unless you have creations you will sell to the public. If so, you are considered a Commercial Maker and will be charged a $100 fee to participate.
The Call for Makers will be open until April 14th and applications will be accepted on a rolling basis. You can apply online using this form. We’re looking for a wide range of topics, so participation is not guaranteed.