Get started in the exciting world of Robotics! During this 4 session workshop you will build your own Robot and wireless controller. You will gain the skills to start programming your robot and adding sensors and actuators so your robot can interact with the world around it. At the end of the workshop we will discuss your ideas on how to extend your robot.
- No experience necessary
- Build your own wirelessly controlled Robot.
- No soldering!
- Learn the basics of programming the Arduino platform
- Learn about common sensors, actuators, and technologies
- Leave with a functional robot and the knowledge to start your journey in Robotics.
- Get a great start for the Robotics Competition at the 2016 Cape Cod Mini Maker Faire
Class Size: Limited to 10 robot kits. Groups of up to 2 people may share a kit.
Fee: $165 – includes a Robot Kit with the following:
- 2 Wheeled Robot Chassis with Gearbox Motors
- Arduino based Robot Controller with Motor Drivers
- 2 XBee Series 1 Wireless Transceivers
- 3 Line Following Sensors
- 3-Axis Accelerometer
- Arduino Pro Mini based Remote Control with Analog Joystick
- 128×64 pixel White OLED Display
- Plastic Enclosure for Remote Control
- FTDI Chipset based Arduino Programmer/USB to UART Adapter
- All Batteries Included!
Please note that this class is four nights.
Dates:Tuesday December 1st, 8th, 15th and January 5th.
Time: 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Jesse Craig is a Software Engineer at GlobalFoundries developing software and firmware for Lab and Customer Enablement. He is also an avid Maker with a focus on Remote Sensors and the Internet of Things. He has over 15 years experience developing, programming, and debugging Embedded Systems.
- WHERE BSU Cape Cod Campus – 1175 Route 28 South Yarmouth, MA 02664 – View Map